- 1.Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre. Add butter and half of the water and mix until combined, adding water as needed.
- 2.The dough should become slightly soft, not too sticky, not too dry. Add tapioca flour and/or water accordingly.
- 3.Let the dough sit for 30 min at which point everything will be well combined and you will have a firm dough.
- 4.Roll the dough into golf ball size balls. Dust some tapioca starch onto a surface, roll out with a rolling pin to create the round wraps – thickness is personal preference.
- 5.Once rolled out, place wraps into a non-stick pan no need to add oil – cook for 1 min per side on a medium heat. Do not overcook to avoid wraps from becoming too crispy. Cook all wraps and set aside.
- 6.Add the butter into a pan then place one wrap in, cover with 60-80g Irene's Cheddar. Layer with Irene's Beans (recipe linked in recipe introduction) then cover with another wrap. Fry for 2-5 min on each side on a medium heat. (Tip: use a large spatula to flip the whole wrap over or place a dinner plate in the pan, flip pan over to let wrap fall onto plate, then slide the wrap back into the pan to cook the other side. Alternatively, cut the wraps and fry individual portions separately.) Fry until golden and slightly crispy.
- 7.Serve with guacamole (Irene's recipe in the intro) and Irene's cream cheese.
No reviews for this Recipe
- 1 cup ground golden flaxseed (you can use brown flax, the colour of the wraps will just be slightly darker)
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Irene's Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Irene's Nutritional Yeast
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups water