- 1.Mix all crust ingredients together to get a firm dough.
- 2.Adjust the doughs with a little water if too hard or flour if too soft.
- 3.Roll out the pastry. If you're making a single pie, place whole dough into the pie dish, if you're making the small tartlets, use a cookie cutter or glass to cut rounds and then place into muffin pans.
- 4.Pierce the crust base with a fork once in pans.
- 5.Place baking paper over, place baking beans onto baking paper. Bake for 20 min, remove the paper. then bake for a further 10 min until golden brown.
- 6.Cook all filling ingredients into a pot on medium heat. Whisk all until boiling and thickened. Let it cool for 5-10 min and then pour into crust. If you want to pipe it into tartlets, let it cool completely and then refrigerate for 2 hours. Place into a piping bag and pipe into tartlets.
- 7.Whip the aquafaba for 5 min with an electric beater until soft peaks start forming.
- 8.Mix the sugar and cream of tartar together and start adding the mixture to the aquafaba 2 TBSP at a time until all in. Keep whipping for a further 5-10 min until you have proper firm stiff peaks and the suagr is completely dissolved. Spoon or pipe this into the lemon meringue. Brown it using a blowtorch. Be careful not to apply too much heat as the meringue will disintegrate. Serve!
No reviews for this Recipe
- 650g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g Irene's Gourmet Plant-based Butter
- +/- 250g Cold water
- 2L plant milk
- 500ml lemon juice
- 5ml salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 100g Irene's Gourmet Plant-based Butter
- 600g sugar
- 260g corn starch
- 5ml vanilla extract
- Water from 2 tins of chickpeas, boiled down to about half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar