- 1.Boil quinoa in 2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt under tender and the water has boiled up
- 2.While the quinoa is boiling, chop the onion and fry in a touch of oil until it is translucent
- 3.Chop the kale and add to the onion, add a sprinkle of salt and a sprinkle of smoked paprika and fry just until the kale takes on the flavours, not until its too soft
- 4.Add a bit of mushroom sauce into the bottom of an oven dish, just to cover the surface. Season each layer with salt and pepper as you wish.
- 5.Add a layer of quinoa (about a third of the cooked quinoa)
- 6.Add all of the kale and onion mix.
- 7.Pour half of the mushroom sauce that's left
- 8.Add the remaining quinoa then the rest of the mushroom sauce
- 9.Top the dish with dish with big brown mushrooms (cleaned and uncooked) sprinkle them with salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- 10.Cover the dish and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees
- 11.Take the dish out, grate a block of Meltme cheese on top
- 12.Stick the dish back in the oven under the grill for a further 10 minutes
- 13.Serve! Yum!
No reviews for this Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (the featured image shows mixed red and white quinoa)
- Tsp salt
- 1 large red onion
- Olive oil (or your preferred oil)
- A packet of kale (about 300g)
- 1 x packet of Irene's Gourmet Mushroom sauce
- 1 x block Irene's Gourmet Meltme cheese
- salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste