- 1.Mix all the pate ingredients together to form a paste, you can add a little water if it is too thick.
- 2.Taste and adjust if necessary – (salt, lemon, mayo)
- 3.Fill a piping bag with an extra large nozzle to pipe it onto crackers of your choice. (If you don’t have a piping bag, you can spoon the mixture onto the crackers)
- 4.Spread the crackers on a serving platter.
- 5.Pipe a generous amount onto each cracker
- 6.Garnish with Meltme or Mozzarella squares or triangle, a mini tomato and some fresh herbs and/or edible flowers
- 7.Serve immediately so that the crackers don’t become soggy.
- 8.VARIATIONS: Reduce the mayo and add some olive oil
- 9.Play around with different herb options - fresh is always better - thyme and sage work very well.
- 10.If you need to make it in advance (an hour or so), place a slice of cheese on the cracker before piping the pate on, this will prevent the cracker from becoming soggy
- 11.This pate is also delicious as part of a sandwich or toasted sandwich, too!
No reviews for this Recipe
- 1 roll of Fry's vegan polony, finely grated
- 1/2 cups B-well mayo
- 1/4 onion or spring onion very finely chopped
- 1 or more chillies very finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 40 ml freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- herb salt to taste
- 1 Block Irene’s Gourmet Meltme or Mozzarella style cheese, cut into small squares or triangles
- 1 punnet mini cherry tomatoes
- Fresh edible flower and herbs to garnish
- 1 Packet vegan friendly crackers