- 1.Boil the kettle and add the boiled water to a bowl with 6 tomatoes for 5 minutes
- 2.The skins will easily peel off from the boiled water – this will take about 5 minutes to remove all the skins
- 3.Chop tomatoes up roughly
- 4.Add tomatoes to a pot with 1 litre water (or enough to cover all the tomatoes)
- 5.Bring to boil and then set heat at medium temperature, allowing tomatoes to cook for 15 minutes.
- 6.After 15 minutes, using a hand blender, blend tomatoes until smooth (or place in normal blender to blend up until smooth).
- 7.Add lentils to tomatoes, along with salt and pepper, and bring to boil for 2 minutes and then set at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 8.Take heat down to low temperature and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 9.Once all lentils are soft or cooked away, plate and add Irene’s Gourmet Cultured Coconut
No reviews for this Recipe
- 1/2 cup Irene's Gourmet Cultured Coconut
- 1 cup Split Red Lentils
- 6 whole Tomatoes
- 1 pinch Salt & pepper