- 1.Peel and slice butternut into rounds - about 1/2 cm thick. Rub with a little bit of oil, sprinkle over alt and pepper and roast on 180 degrees in oven or airfryer for about 20 - 30 min or until lightly browned (check every 10 min)
- 2.Slice onion and fry in 1 TBSP butter until creamy and glassy
- 3.Add butternuts to onions and then add chopped up baby marrows and peppers
- 4.Add 1 sweetcorn off the cob, add salt and pepper, fry up until all cooked.
- 5.Heat mushroom sauce in a pan or in microwave (stir constantly until smooth)
- 6.Use a deep roasting dish or baking pan - cover the bottom of the dish with the mushroom sauce
- 7.Layer some of the butternut
- 8.Layer some of the veg mix
- 9.Add salt and pepper to layers to taste
- 10.Then add mushroom sauce and repeat. Keep the remaining mushroom sauce to pour over the top layer until covered and wet.
- 11.Bake for 30 min then take out of oven to add grated cheese or cheese rounds, sprinkle smoked paprika, thyme or basil on top, bake for a further 30 min
- 12.Serve and enjoy!
No reviews for this Recipe
- 2 medium butternuts
- 1-2 onions
- Irene's butter
- Olive oil
- Irene's Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 sweetcorn on cob
- Baby marrows
- 1/2 block Irene's cheese (any)